You Know Me !
1. How do we know you?
The world knows me from my art, I assume. I’ve known Patrick [McMullan] for probably 30 years already from the nightlife of New York City! He was always taking pictures, and had a fun manner, and sense of humor too.
2. What is your latest project?
Besides the show which opened last week at the Paul Kasmin Gallery, I’m doing a mural on 14th Street and the West Side Highway in the next 2 weeks, a “Futures” show at a museum in Mobile Alabama next month, and the label for Martini and Rossi.
3. Where are you living?
I live wherever I am, which I never know…haha…but usually in LA and Brooklyn.
4. What don’t we know about you?
That I like to sing, dance, and grow flowers.
5. What is your favorite travel destination?
I love to swim in the ocean, preferably tropical, so that would mean besides Brazil, where I go to my place, I would like to go to Tahiti, the Seychelles and the Maldives!
6. What inspires you?
Nature (flowers, rainbows), human nature (art, music, dance).
7. If not yourself, who would you be?
I would be the Wizard of Oz.
8. What book is your bible?
Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung.
9. What is your favorite word?
10. Who is your biggest hero?
11. How would you define success?
Seeing your dreams come true.
12. What would the last question of this questionnaire be if you were the one asking?
Is that all there is? No, there’s much more.
Kenny Scharf is a world-renowned artist.
Questions by PMc Magazine
Photography by Paul Bruinooge for PatrickMcMullan.com
Design by Marie Havens