Who Am I ?
1. Who am I?
I am Arielle Wilkins. Designer of many things, dreamer about plenty of things. Mellow on the outside, but is filled with vibrant color and soulful beats on the inside.
2. What do you do and what project are you currently working on?
I am a designer at an advertising agency. I am also owner of Abreaka Studios which is an urban toy and game start up as well as creator of Brothas & Sistas illustrations, which depicts everyday life in an urban environment.
3. Where are you from and where are you going?
I am from Houston, Texas currently residing in Brooklyn, New York. I am going wherever life takes me (hopefully around the world).
4. Who is your biggest hero?
5. What book is your bible?
Grimms” Fairy Tales.
6. What are some things you love? And some things you hate?
I love anything creative, space, french bulldogs, and sunshine.
I hate negativity, limitations, and arrogance.
7. What is your raison d’être?
To produce and share work that will motivate and inspire others.
8. What is your favorite color?
9. Who is your favorite comic book superhero?
I really don”t have a favorite superhero, I do however have a favorite comic book villain which is The Riddler.
10. What is your favorite NYC hot spot?
Brooklyn Bridge Park, I love being near water.
11. What turns you on?
Ambition and spontaneity.
12. What would the last question of this questionnaire be if you were the one asking?
What is your spirit animal?
Arielle Wilkins is a Graphic Designer and illustrator living in New York. Her project, Brothas and Sistas, was born from a desire to eliminate stereotypes about African American culture through showcasing characters with various personality traits.
Questions by PMc Magazine
Photography Courtesy of Arielle Wilkins
Design by Mina Darius
Arielle Wilkins, Photography Courtesy of Arielle Wilkins